International Youth Exchange (Support for Participation of Multicultural Families)
To promote international partnerships and foster global leaders through youth exchange, the government of Korea provides the youth with various international activities and encourages multicultural families to participate in these activities.
01 Overview of International Exchange Programs
Overview of International Exchange Programs
|International Youth Exchange||Youth ages 16-24||3 days||Improving the ability of Korean youth to understand foreign cultures through exchanges with youth from contracted countries through online cultural exchange, discussion, and joint project execution and presentation|
|Overseas Youth Volunteer Group|
‘Drift into Dreams and Love’
|Youth ages 15-24||3~5 months
||Helping realize the potential of youth and reinforce their global competencies through overseas volunteer activities|
|International Conference & Event Participation Group|
‘Encouraging Youth to Become Global leaders’
|Youth ages 15-24||Around 3 days
||Acting as representatives of Korea at international conferences and conventions, including the 3rd Committee of the United Nations, and having discussions and exchanges with youth representatives from foreign countries|
02 Preferential Treatment for Multicultural Families
- Preferences are given to multicultural youth when selecting participants.
- When participating in international youth exchanges, youths who apply to go to the countries of their parents will get additional points
- Encourage multicultural children to participate in international exchanges by providing financial support
03 How to Apply
- Public announcement via the website
- Apply at the recruitment notification
- Add @Youth Exchange Center from KakaoTalk Channel
- Subscribe to the International Youth Exchange Network (www.youth.go.kr/iye) and submit the online application
Support for children’s development for multicultural families
Support for children’s development for multicultural families contributes to healthy growth ofchildren and parent and children relationship by providing various programs to children in growthperiod such as identity recovery, sociality enhancement, leadership development, and careerexperience. In addition, the centers have established networks with relevant institutions in theregion to provide systematic and integrated services to the children and parents of multiculturalfamilies. Through these efforts, the Multicultural Family Support Center provides various services formulticultural children to grow to become talented members of the society that contributes to thenation’s competency.
- Target :
- School age children and parents of multicultural families, and immigrant youths, etc.
- Relevant centers :
- 206 operating institutes of integrated services of the Healthy Family Support Center and the Multicultural Family Support Center
- Program to promote a better relationship between parents and children : Self-identityestablishment, family counseling, parent education (parent role, communication skills with children,conflict management, etc.), family camp operation
- Program to develop social skills : Diagnosis of social skills, youth club (self-help group), voluntaryworks, leadership camp, field activities, etc.
- Program to design the future: Encouragement of motivation, aptitude test, career patheducation, career design, job experience activities, etc.
- Program for support to overcome crisis: Counseling of youth, parents, and individuals,psychological and emotional treatment, art/music/play treatment
- Regional community network: Connect with relevant institutions such as the youth counselingwelfare center, rainbow school, youth training center, youth support center outside the school, etc.
Healthy Family · Multicultural Family Support Center
Multicultural Family Support Center Advertisement for Participants
School Youth related institutes
Looking for Participants
- General cases
- Parent·child relationship enhancement program
- Sociality development program
- Future planning program
- Crisis cases
- Psychological · emotional treatment
Counseling & Welfare Center for Youth
National Center for Youth
Internet Addiction Treatment
Youth Training Facilities
Youth Support Center outside school
- For more information, check at a nearby multicultural family support center, or search on the website (www.liveinkorea.kr) ; Call 1577-1366 (Danuri Helpline) for inquiries.
본 저작물은 '한국건강가정진흥원'에서 '2020년' 작성하여 공공누리 제4유형으로 개방한 '한국생활가이드북'을 이용하였으며, 해당 저작물은 '한국건강가정진흥원, www.kihf.or.kr' 에서 무료로 다운받으실 수 있습니다.